Since graduating from Graham Webb in November, I've been trying to stay productive. I'm not testing for my license until February, so I don't want to get rusty! Friends and family have been a big support when I was in school, and now some are even trying me out as their own stylist! My mom and sister, Jamie don't really have a choice, but they don't seem to mind my work so far! My mom called me last week and booked an appointment for a highlight today at 2:00. So I had her come to my salon......
You may be wondering why my salon looks like a kitchen, well that's because it is! My parents kitchen to be exact. Sometimes, like today I even do the dishes while my client is processing! Hopefully when I'm licensed I will have an easier time finding the right salon for me, but for now this will have to do! I've been enjoying the experience of cutting and coloring friends and family's hair since I've graduated. It's a major step not having an instructor standing behind you in case of an emergency ( don't worry I am accident free since being on my own!) It's definitely a major step having to make your own decisions of what your going to do with your clients hair. What if they don't like it? Will your sister still love you? Will your mom still cook you dinner? So far, I have a sister who still loves me and loves her red hair and a mom that cooks me dinner in exchange for highlights and haircuts.
This is my mom, I mean my client from today. She requested highlights and lowlights. I was very happy with the end result, I think she was too......She's so happy she's throwing her fists in the air in excitement! Anyways, here's the finished style....
If you know anyone who's looking for a stylist, please mention my name! I can travel and even do magic tricks! I don't know any yet, but if that brings me new clients, I'm sure I can learn some fast! My salon/kitchen is always open!
Smile,
Steph
I have a few friends getting married and we'll def. need someone to do our hair, updos! Not until fall but I'll mention your name. You did a great job on Emily's hair for her wedding!
ReplyDeleteAnd if you can juggle, that would be the icing on the cake!
ps: your mom's hair looks great!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as Reed is ready to leave the house with me, we're coming over because his Mom really needs a haircut!
ReplyDelete