Now this Student of the Year needs to get a J.O.B!
Thursday, July 7, 2011
In your face Bowie High!
The last weekend in June, I went to Ocean City for the weekend with a couple of friends. We spent the weekend on the beach, eating and soaking up some quality time with friends. On the Sunday of that weekend, it was my graduation day from Graham Webb. Graduation is held once every year in June and having already said my goodbyes and received my diploma back in November, I was ok with not attending....little did I know I would regret this decision! I mean, how can staying at the beach for the whole entire weekend and missing a ceremony that celebrates you graduating 8 months ago really be a bad decision? Well, Sunday night as we were playing card games at the condo, I received a text message from a friend who had gone to graduation that said..."Congratulations on being Student of the Year!"...............Say WHAT?????? I had to read it twice to figure out that she was talking to me! I immediately burst into tears of joy, laughing and crying all at once. I don't think anyone at the table knew what they should do....clap, hand me tissues, hug me? At that moment such joy was released, that little did I know it came out as tears! All my struggles, tears, joys and tests throughout school was worthy of recognition! In high school, I was never an excellent student, not even a good one, so when I set out on a career change, I was determined to make something of myself. I didn't need this award to know that I had achieved something good in my life, but it certainly is a nice plaque to hang on your wall as a friendly reminder :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Student of the Year?? What a N.E.R.D!!! Good job Stephers!
ReplyDeletecongrats Steph!!!!!!
ReplyDeletethat is Awesome!!! I love that you were student of the year and not at graduation. See, you still have SOME street cred :)
ReplyDeleteAhh, how great is that?!! Wish I was there to see you tear up in happiness! You totally deserve it! Duh!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Steph! That is too awesome.
ReplyDelete