Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Love me some Country!

  Country music that is! Two weeks ago Kevin and I went to the Kenny Chesney concert at FedEx Field.  The day was perfect!  Great weather, good food, and the BEST seats money can buy (at a discounted price, 2 weeks before the concert!)  Kevin and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary about a month ago and I surprised him with floor seats to the concert.  Needless to say he was SHOCKED! I had only been at work for a week, so he wasn't expecting anything from me!  He has been so supportive of me the past year and a half while I've been in school, this concert was just a small thank you for everything he does for me.  The morning of the concert we met up with some of Kevin's golfing buddies and headed to the concert for some good ole tailgating before the gates opened......

    We got there so early we were only about 5 rows from the front gates!  We made some burgers on the grill and started the day off with a nice cold beverage!

A little later in the afternoon we met a pirate walking around the parking lot, he was obviously looking for attention so Kev and I took the opportunity!
I'm glad there's a pirate in the picture to distract you from the absolute horrible picture of ME!

We worked our way into the stadium around 4:00, and kept going down, down, down and onto the field!  This was such an exciting moment for me as I have never been this VIP at the concert before! We even had TWO bracelets, one so the workers knew we were on the floor, and the 2nd so they knew we were in the sand pit!
Kevin surprised me and bought me this cowboy hat!  Everyone made fun of me for wearing it, but as soon as we got in there and started dancing, everyone was wanting to wear it!
Even Kevin's friend Billy, who made fun of me the most out of everyone!  I'm pretty sure he stole it from me at least 5 more times that night!


Uncle Kracker was up first....

Then the yummy Billy Currington, whew those curls!!

Then, the Zac Brown Band.....


Then the one and only kenny Chesney!
The pics are a little fuzzy, he wouldn't stand still for just one second so I could take a clear picture of him!
I love this one! He's smokin hot in the smoke!

   Kevin and I had such a great night.  I love that we can enjoy the same things together, like Country music.  Now, if he'd only learn to love the theatre as much as I do :)

Smile!
Steph 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome time! I love Zach Brown Band!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned something new today...Billy Currington is kinda cute.

    ReplyDelete